Monday 23 May 2011

Bouncy Ball Texture

The ball was easy enough to UV map, I tried using Spherical Mapping which I thought would work well on an object that is a sphere, but it was throwing the UV's all over the place so in the end I had to do a Planar Projection which made it a challenge to accurately unfold the UV's.


I used a phong material to apply the texture to, this helps it have a more rubbery plastic feel to it which is common in childrens balls.


When it came to the texturing I had to do the stars different sizes with the smallest in the middle and the biggest on the outside because of the way the UV's had to be made. I kept the style of the ball the same as the other objects I have textured, making it look worn and used with scratches and scuff marks spread about.

No comments:

Post a Comment