Tuesday 30 November 2010

Educating Myself

Whilst drawing sketches and pieces of concept for the treehouse I have also been researching into how wooden structures are constructed, the reason for this is because I want to make sure that everything looks believable, even down to the small details. To help me with this i've had plenty of reference images of treehouses by my side to help keep things accurate and grounded in re

ality which is important for us, even though we're doing a stylised film it's important to keep realistic elements in the film so things seem that bit more real.

On this image I particularly like the wooden support planks which help support the house in the tree, I would love to incorporate it into the modelling to give it a bit more life and character. 

I have also been reading through a book which I luckily found and decided to buy when the book stall came to the college, the book is called 'The New Wood House' which documents a very wide variety of wooden structures from all over the world, these range from eco homes, treehouses to mountain lodges and forest cabins. I found the book to be very helpful and also a little bit too inspiring as it has put many crazy ideas and designs in my head which are far too complex and elaborate for our project.

No comments:

Post a Comment